LiveLoud

LiveLoud

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Whom Shall I Fear

This week's leader blog post comes from Mary Edwards (Pastor Carl's wife). Mary is a new mommy (Yay!) and a middle school leader.  For more information about Amp'd Youth Ministries and Mount Airy Bible Church please visit us at www.youth.mabcmd.org or Facebook

If you have not yet heard Chris Tomlin's son "Whom Shall I Fear", I suggest you keep an ear open for it or look it up on YouTube!

 The chorus says "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind. The God of angel armies is always by my side. The one who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine. The God of angel armies is always by my side."

A few weeks ago this song came on the radio while Pastor Carl and I were out running errands, he told me how this was one of his favorite songs so I immediately tuned in. Then when we were traveling to the hospital to have our baby girl, Macklyn, this song again came on the radio but this time I felt as though God was speaking truth to me through the lyrics. I admit to being a little bit afraid of the unknown as we were traveling to the hospital for Macklyn's birth, but listening to words of how God is not only with me but He goes before me (He knows what will happen), He stands behind me (He supports me), and that He would be with us through the whole process brought peace to my heart. I like how this song refers to how powerful God is, He is not some passive bystander just watching our lives but He is actively involved and desiring to journey with us. Our strength truly is in His name, He will deliver us and victory is ours through Him. What have we to fear? He is faithful and we can stand firm on His promises found in the Bible. Is there something in your life where you are facing fear? How will you respond? Victory, strength and peace can and will be found in Jesus Christ. We can trust Him, His word is true "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5). We are not alone in our journeys and we have no reason to fear, God is always by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment