LiveLoud

LiveLoud

Thursday, October 18, 2012

You Lead, I Follow

This week's blog post was written my one of our Amp'd youth. Claire Crossman is a junior and attends Mount Airy Christian Academy. For more information about Amp'd Youth Ministries and Mount Airy Bible Church please visit us at www.youth.mabcmd.org or Facebook
 
A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with

oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

 
Psalm 23:1-5


 
This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. It helps me remember that God is

leading me in the path that I should go, and that he never leaves my side. Sometimes

during hard times, I feel so alone, like I don't have anyone that I can talk to, and God

feels far away. This is because I push him away, not because he abandoned me. The

great thing about God is that, no matter how many times I push him away, he will

always come back to me if I ask Him too.

When you follow God and let him lead you, he will bless you. This isn't to say that

nothing bad will ever happen to you, the Christian life is full of trials that will test your

faith so that it will become stronger, but God will never allow trials to come into your life

that you won't be able to bear. When you lean on God and seek comfort in Him, you can

get through anything that comes your way, even if you don't think you can make it

through. Look to God and he will show you the way through.

God Bless,

Claire Crossman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, Claire! You are so right

    ReplyDelete